Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Will I ever learn?

Today I made a dumb mistake. I'm tired and have a headache, so I should have been extra aware of the potential for this type of mistake, but foolishly, I paid the warning signs no heed.

The mistake made its appearance in the choice of outfit. I decided to wear a new white top, testing it out before our vacation up north starting on Friday. But, I'm no fool. I know Grant is capable of spit up beyond equal or measure, so I brought along a blanket and a burp cloth to fully cover myself as we ran some errands. Of course, you know where this is going. Grant, who just started eating some other foods and who had just happened to have some carrots for breakfast, decided that my white shirt was an empty canvas for his Jackson Pollock like beginnings. But, no worries, I treaded around the library with a carrot and formula spit up stain down the front of my shirt like it was part of the outfit. Not a soul was fooled. Nothing says "new mama" like the spit up stain wearing, minivan driving, baby talk talking woman who is balancing 5 library books in one hand and a 20 lb baby in the other.

Here's a couple of pics of the cutest baby on the planet. Aside from his evil work in producing the most embarrasing shirt stain in history, Grant was quite the ladies man at the library. Several grandmas came up and asked to hold him (he didn't so much as even burp in their arms??) and the library lady almost waived my late fees because she thought he was so cute. Almost.

Here's a pic of Grant: Like Father, Like Son


1 comment:

Katherine said...

He may be messy a artist, but an exceptionally cute one!