Wednesday, July 25, 2007

An Apple a Day

Yesterday afternoon, a Chinese lady dropped by my cubical with one of my coworkers. She introduced herself as Vickie and said that she was here in the United States with Apple. Now you may recall that I've been working with Apple, and in fact, I was just asked yesterday morning to help arrange a trip to Indiana for Apple. So you can understand my confusion when Vickie informed me that Apple was in the next room. Vickie informed me that she and Apple were in the U.S. for the next month (!), which I found interesting since I'm supposed to go to China next week to, in part, visit Apple.

Eventually Vickie returned with Apple in tow. Apple was about 5'2" tall and sounded very much like the individual from our conference calls. I stuck my hand out, told her I was excited to meet her and that I was surprised that I hadn't been made aware of her visit. She looked sort of confused, but I continued to further perplex her when I asked how the software she was writing was coming along.

At this point, she started laughing and said, "Oh no...that's Apple Chen. I'm Apple Huang. Apple Chen is the short one." Quite an orchard we've got here...

No comments: