Saturday, August 18, 2007

Catching a breath

Well, that was about the craziest week ever! Bret's job (that's a whole other post if not a whole other blog) is crazy right now, and I just finished my first week of school (which is always more tiring than expected). Needless to say, we're glad it's the weekend.

Grant is great. He is sleeping easily through the night and taking great naps throughout the day. He has transitioned nicely to having Grandma and Mamaw (that's Indiana for Grandma for my CA family) taking care of him. He loves the attention, and they love to shower him with it, so it's a simpatico relationship.

Speaking of people Grant loves, his cousin Kate is off to IU soon, and we were able to meet Kate and family for dinner recently to wish her well as she heads off to the number 6 party school in the nation. We don't worry about her though; she's a smart cookie.


Grant, too, is one smart little guy. His current list of cute behaviors includes cracking up at himself in the mirror, opening and closing (with gusto) the wooden lid to a basket, moving like a snake (while on his back) to get somewhere. Last night, he cracked me up too. I would place a blanket over him, and he'd squirm like crazy to get out from under it, but as soon as I said, "Where's Grant? Where's Mommy's baby? Where is that little boy?," he'd lie perfectly still, playing along with me. Of course, he squealed with delight when I removed the blanket and said "there he is."

Speaking of the happy child, here's a cute clip of Bret tickling Grant. Grant has a love/hate relationship with being tickled, but we couldn't pass up the chance to get the giggles on film.

1 comment:

carol said...

Yeah, I don't think he liked the tickling. But, he loves the camera!