Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back to Work

Connect the AV OUT to another TV set,

or connect the head

Increase the volume,

Then standby the TV,

a “boob” can be heard


It's like an ancient Chinese haiku of some sort. Yes, this is the week where I return to work following 10 days of working in Asia. This "haiku" was one of the problem reports I received upon returning. It made me long for my days in China.

We spent hours trying to decipher it. What were they telling us? It began to make sense. "Connect the head," and "a boob can be heard."

"Hey Honey, did you hear that? Was that the TV?"
"No, dear. It was just a boob."

I mean, have you ever heard a boob?

In any case, the big question we've all had at work these past few days is, "If we don't release our product on time, are they expecting us to hang ourselves?"

Here are some more pictures from my travels.

These are some of the members of our Shenzhen team. The young lady seated in the back is the notorious Apple.
Wal-Mart sold all sorts of flavors of chips, but they weren't flavors you'd expect...
Mmm... "Hey hon, don't forget to get some o 'dem spicy chicken feets on your way home!"
"Let's see...Will I have the lamb, yoghurt, and mint burger or the man-burger tonight..."
And one last shot of the Big Buddha...very impressive...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! You're Blog is killin me ..I love it and with the work stuff , I have been laughing so hard I think I peed a little.
-Jay (IT guy)