Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back in the Swing of Things

Well, Grant's out of recovery mode and back to his happy self. He is, once again, sleeping through the night, taking great naps during the day, and being his jolly self with anyone and everyone (no separation anxiety yet). Vacationing was harder than expected on the little guy (especially the long trek out to California), and so I'm glad that he'll be staying in for the next 6 months or so. Bret and I have a short (and practically free) long weekend jaunt to Boston (my favorite city in the U.S.) planned in October, but Grant will be staying behind with grandparents. It will be, no doubt, hard to leave him for that stretch of time, but I keep reminded myself that one of the best gifts I can give him is a happy and healthy marriage, one that doesn't center completely around him. That's what I tell myself at least. I'll be okay for a day or two, but by day three, I'll be a mess. Anyway, for his sake, I'm glad for a quiet fall in Indiana complete with festivals, hiking in state parks, and holiday fun.

Here are some recent pics of the little guy.

No comments: