Saturday, August 11, 2007

...and home again

Sorry for the brief delay. I've returned from China, and it takes a few days to decompress. Here's the quick rundown of the return trip.

We headed for the Hong Kong airport at 6:00pm Indy time, Wednesday night (6:00am HK time). There were no less than two typhoons approaching at the time, so there were stiff winds and thunderstorms. I was mortified at the thought of getting stuck down there, but as it turns out, we left on time. The flight to Tokyo was actually very smooth, although a bit longer than usual. We flew over central China to avoid the storms and arrived in Tokyo at around 2:00am Thursday morning.

After a brief, hour layover in Tokyo, we headed for Detroit. I watched a terrible movie, "Disturbia," twice, listened to a mob of stuff on my iPod (which I had forgotten to recharge, so I would have listened to even more had I had a full battery) and actually managed to sleep three or four hours.

We arrived in Detroit around 2:00pm on Thursday afternoon, boarded a flight for Indy at around 4:00pm, and I was back at home by around 6:00pm Thursday. That's what you shoot for -- 24 hours door to door.

I'll try and post more interesting stuff about the trip in the next couple of days, including a few more pictures. In the mean time, I need sleep.

No comments: