Friday, August 03, 2007

Almost Home

Dear Daddy,

I am glad to hear that despite being chased down by an angry, bamboo carrying man and despite the heat, that you are okay. Mommy laughed pretty hard at your airplane story; seeing how I have virtually no problem with leg room or such, I didn't quite get the irony.

Things here in California are coming to a close. Today, Mommy drove from Reno to San Jose, and I was good the whole way. It was long and hot, but it was fun to see my cousins and aunt and uncle in Reno. They bought me more toys.

Tonight is our last night in a hotel, and I think Mommy is happy to come home. I don't sleep well in hotels, and I let her know about it every two hours or so (sometimes, I even tell her every hour or so). I have been kind of sick (allergies), so she said that I had to go to the doctor when we get home. That should be fun.

We leave tomorrow on the red eye home. Mommy keeps telling me that it's benadryl for me, but I don't know what that means yet. She chuckles as she says it... which has me nervous.

We are going to see my Aunt Karin tomorrow, and then we might go to a movie or do some shopping in San Fran. My grandma asked if we wanted to see the movie called Shampoo; I even knew it was called Hairspray. She's crazy, but she loves me tons and makes me laugh constantly, so I'll keep her around for a bit.

I am changing a bit, Daddy. I just discovered my tongue, and I can roll it into a burrito; Mommy can't do it, but she swears it's genetics. I am still talking a lot, coughing even more, and laughing lots. Oh, I also tried some french onion soup today... yummy!

Daddy, I miss you tons, and I cry just thinking about it. Usually, a good bottle does the trick, and I can forget about how much I miss you for a bit, but then I remember again. I'm counting down the days, and soon as we get back to Indy, I'll have Mommy post some pics of me. I am pretty darn cute, if I do say.

Love you lots,

Grant

No comments: