Saturday, August 04, 2007

Pics from China

Dear Erin & Grant,

I'm jealous that you're headed back to Indiana. I've considered running around the office waving my arms like a crazy man in an effort to get them to send me home, but I don't think anyone would even notice here.

Here are a few pictures from my travels. I miss you tons!

Love,
Bret

Here was the cafe where we ate lunch on Thursday. The food is good. Nobody speaks English. And they're way more expensive than the Chinese are usually willing to pay for lunch. I drank two Coke Lite's and had some kind of spicy pork dish for lunch.


Here are some pics from the WalMart in the Nanshan district.

"Look ma! I'm practicing to someday be mamed by a taxi!"


Ick.


You've got to appreciate it when the deli workers don't want to breathe their own product. Note the pig snouts in the front of the case.


Here were some kids taking roller blading lessons out in front of the WalMart. I think it's delightful that they're training their kids to rollerblade in night traffic. Incidently, the kids were mesmerized by me and my camera. It was cute.


Dude! Where's my pants!?


Here's one block of the popular Lan Kwai Fong bar district in Hong Kong. We knocked back a few cold ones in here on Saturday night.


I'll try to post more pictures in the coming days!!

No comments: