Sunday, August 05, 2007

Safe but not so sound

Daddy,

Well, we're back home in Indiana, and I must say that I am happy to be home. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed. It has already been a bit painful for me as Mommy tries to get me back on Indy time, but I think we'll have it figured out in a few days.

Mommy is a bit, how shall I put it, testy. She's really tired, and she says the plane trip home was one of the worst ever. I slept the whole way (well, with a few minor glitches), but I do remember a few things. One, she kept complaining about it being the hottest flight in history. She even took my venty-air thing and pointed it at her. Can we say "hotflash"? She was really excited because we had an empty seat between us, and she thought that I could spread out, but I thought I would keep her on her toes, and readjust every 20 mintues or so, so she had to stay awake the whole time. In retrospect, I don't think that was very nice. In fact, Mommy keeps using the word "retrospect" a lot. "In retrospect, I would have paid a small fortune for Grant to have his own seat with his own carseat." "In retrospect, I wouldn't have had two Mexican meals back to back." And so on.

The worst part was... about half way through the flight, I kind of woke up, and Mommy decided to feed me. She started to pour the formula into the bottle, but the formula spilled everywhere except its intended target (I still contend that it was turbulance, but Mommy thinks it was me who kicked it out of her hand). The formula went all over Mommy. It went all over Mommy's seat. It was in her shoes, in her hair, all over her clothes, and even in her underwear (I didn't bother asking about that one). She said it felt like sitting in sand for the whole trip. Needless to say, after 24 hours of no sleep, she was glad to make it home.

But she keeps saying she'll be most glad when you get home. She misses you tons. I miss you too, but I think that flight home did Mommy in, and between us guys, I think you should come bearing a small gift or something for Mommy.

I am counting down the days...

Love,

Grant

P.S. I thought you should know that Grandma is "gunning" for you after you made the reservations for us at that hotel in Reno. She said there were "working girls" out front. You'll have to explain that one to me later, but just know that she's got her boxing gloves on and ready.

Here are some pics of me and various relatives who found me charming and cute. Mommy started to put pictures of all family members up, but she said it was too hard and took too long. Like I said, she's testy, so I didn't push, but if you're not here, no worries. We love you, and I'll make sure my people send you a picture of us in the mail.

Tuckered out

My cousin Nathan

My cousin Samantha

My Great Grandma

My Aunt Bonnie

My Uncle Richard

No comments: