Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Why I love Indiana

This is an easy time of year to love Indiana, and I am so thankful it comes because the summers here are hard to bear. Here in Indiana, we're experiencing an already beautiful autumn, and autumn--to me--is about as divine as it gets.

It doesn't hurt that I have a gorgeous drive to work. It takes me about 22 minutes to get to work, and the first (and last on the way home) 15 minutes of it are pristine: acres and acres of corn to be harvested (sometimes, in the process of being harvested), rolling pastures with cows, and protected park land where the trees all sport a different shade of yellow, orange (my fav) and red. It simply is majestic.

And then, there's all the festivals, the pumpkins, the football games in FREEZING weather, and the fireplaces you can smell at night. There's not a spot in the world that does autumn quite like Indiana... thankfully.

Being from California, I had never experienced a true fall, at least nothing close to the beauty of the midwest. I have family and friends who live in some of the prettiest places in the whole wide world, but I wouldn't trade them for a second when it comes to fall in Indiana. If you have ever considered a visit to the Hoosier State, you should consider October because there really is nothing prettier. Be proud, Hoosiers.

Today, Grant and I went for a hike in Eagle Creek Park (one of the country's largest municipal parks) which is just a few minutes from our house. Here are a few pics from our outing:

No comments: