Saturday, January 26, 2008

China / Singapore Pictures

In what is proving to be a banner blogging day (mostly because it's too hot here for me to do much else), here are some pictures from my trip thus far. I didn't take very many thus far in China, mostly because I haven't really seen anything new. I'm due for a trip to our factory on Tuesday, so I'll probably take some then.

You see these kinds of militant-for-no-good-reason signs all over China. This one was in the airport shuttle bus.

This was the bathroom in my ultra-Euro-swanky hotel in Hong Kong last night. Given the situation brewing in my digestive system last night, they probably had to replace the hinges on this door today. What I thought was odd about this was that the room really didn't have a separate bathroom, only bathroom fixtures surrounded by this big glass wall. It was sort of an office cubical approach to a bathroom.

One of our favorite restaurants in Indy is Sawasdee. Apparently they have a branch in the Hong Kong airport as well. This seemed funny to me until I saw five more "Sawasdee's" in Singapore while strolling around. Must be the "Smith's" of Thailand.

A view of the modern Singapore skyline...

Singapore's Supreme Court and City Hall...

And finally, a quaint little old building...with a really monstrous big building behind it. This is a common theme in Asia -- "I bet we can go one more floor on this hand mixed concrete. What do you think?"

No comments: