Tuesday, February 19, 2008

GET ME OUT OF HERE!!


I am so tired of winter. This happens to me every year. The California transplant in me loves winter through the holidays (a warm Christmas just doesn't cut it anymore), and I even like the cold days for a few more months. But, right now, about mid-February, I lose it. The cold weather makes me angry. I almost swear at weatherchannel.com. I don't wear a coat in protest that it should be warmer. I want to go for a walk--outside!!

Grant is showing signs of having a little cabin fever as well. Yesterday, on Mommy's day off (thank you very much old president dudes), we headed to McDonalds (just for an ice cream cone for Mommy... we do have an extra tight budget, after all), and Grant waved at EVERY SINGLE PERSON who walked in... and out. He was so excited to see people. So, you can imagine the trip to the library that followed was a sure success.

In other news, as I type this, Bret is stomping around the house with an old school mp3 player plastered to his ears trying to listen to the IU vs Purdue bball game. Nothing says "old school fan" like the radio listening guy who doesn't have ESPN. The budget is hitting him hard. Just ask him about the conversation we had about new surround sound speakers. Ouch.

Just kidding. Kind of.

No comments: