Thursday, September 18, 2008

Drowning in "the creek"

My wife has developed a slight problem. It's nothing tragic. It's nothing earth shattering, but an addiction is still an addiction. She's become addicted to Dawson's Creek. She has watched the entire six year run in approximately two weeks. Our child needs bathed, and I need dinner. I am incapable of completing these tasks on my own, so I need someone to throw my wife a life preserver to get her out of "the creek."

"But isn't that show off the air?" you ask.
Correct. It is off the air, but Netflix has every episode available on DVD.

"Wasn't that show aimed at like, teenagers?"
Oh yes. It was a step ahead of the tween crowd and a step behind the collegiate, reading types.

"Isn't that where that Katie Holmes chick got her start?"
Yep. And now she's married to Tom Cruise. She's obviously a brilliant role model.

"Isn't your wife in her mid 30's, a college graduate, and an excellent teacher?"
Yes sirree...And an addict for crappy TV teen dramas.

Hopefully by the time I get back from China in a couple of weeks, she'll be over this kick. Of course, she'll have moved on to Beverly Hills 90210 or The O.C. by that point...Ick.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Hey . . cut her some slack! She just wrote that very nice birthday piece on you! She's young at heart!