Monday, September 15, 2008

Look Who is 33!


There was a point during my engagement to Bret that I thought, "what the heck am I doing?" I take marriage very seriously, and I remember freakin' out that I had really only known Bret for a few months.

But, God is good, and He brought me a great man. Bret is a great husband. He makes me laugh all the time; he keeps life interesting and lively. He's beyond helpful (there is no husband on the planet as helpful around the house as Bret is), and he's a great father. Bret takes good care of me, is careful with my heart, and is supportive beyond measure. Bret forgives easily (which is needed when I get agoing), and he is never, ever harsh with his words.

And he is 33 today. I'm so thankful that I had enough wisdom to stay put back when I had my pre-vow freak out. He is a blessing and a gift to me, and I'm so thankful we have another year together.

Happy Birthday, Bret. I love you tons!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Happy Birthday, Bret! It looks like you and Grant are having a fun birthday outing!
Yes. Erin . . . I agree you made a smart choice and got a great husband!