Thursday, September 25, 2008

I did NOT need to see that...

So I'm sure everyone has been waiting on pins and needles, but needless to say, I survived my first typhoon unharmed Wednesday morning. There was a brutal amount of wind and rain, and I spent the entire night listening to the windows rattle in my hotel room. In the morning, the carpet around the windows was wet, but I figure the mold won't start growing until I'm back on the plane to Indy.

Today on our way to lunch, my co-worker and I passed a Chinese man dressed only in the brownest, most stretched out pair of BVDs ever to grace this side of the Yangtze. He looked like life had treated him somewhat poorly, so we chuckled to ourselves and moved on, trying not to take the curious glance to catch the backside of the package.

A few paces later, my co-worker noted that it was only sort of funny because it was the second naked guy in the past two blocks. "Huh?" I replied. He then turned me around and pointed to a nearby bus stop. Sure enough. My old buddy Two Hung Lo was crouched behind the bus stop wearing nothing but the suit God gave him. It was disturbing to say the least. It was only slightly more disturbing because nobody but me seemed bothered by his presence.

After lunch, which seemed slightly less appealing today than normal, we started to walk back to work. I commented that I was a bit concerned about running into our naked friend again on the way back. How far can a naked man get on foot in a major city?

About that time, my previous buddy, Ty Tee Wy Tee, reappeared in his natty, loin covering garb. Only this time he was carrying several bags full of groceries from a nearby store and was wearing tennis shoes. I guess when you're hot, you're hot.

No comments: