Thursday, September 25, 2008

Update to previous post

So I spoke with my wife this morning, and I asked her excitedly if she had read my latest blog post? She unenthusiastically informed me that she had read it. Perplexed by her seeming lack of interest in me or the blog, I asked her what she thought. She informed me, in no uncertain terms, that she thought I was rather uncompassionate about the plight of the individuals discussed.

I tried to explain that I mentioned that the second gentleman, while virtually naked, was also carrying several sacks of groceries and wearing relatively decent sneakers and was therefore not as destitute as his attire would indicate. Similarly, I am not convinced that the first naked man wasn't naked merely as a matter of choosing, given that it was approximately 110 degrees in the shade here yesterday.

Needless to say, I definitely see the humor in a situation before I feel the compassion, so it's good to have Erin around to inform me when I'm being crass. So if, indeed, the two individuals I encountered yesterday were truly destitute, my apologies. I will use the experience as a reminder of how blessed in life I truly am. Otherwise, I hope these two guys choose to throw on some shorts the next time they head out for a stroll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS is the post you apologize for? I can think of at least 6 more offensive posts over the course of my readership.

No offense taken. I liked the nakey story.

Cousin Nathan