Friday, September 26, 2008

Singapore Bound!

Well, I've finished off my work week in Shenzhen, and now I'm sitting in the Hong Kong airport waiting for my ride to Singapore. Singapore should be a hoot this weekend, given the F1 road race that's taking place on Sunday. Plus it'll give me a great chance to catch up with the Longs since their move to Asia.

Here are a couple of photos from my last couple of days in China. The first is of one of our hostesses at the Holiday Inn Donghua. We stay at this hotel primarily because of their wonderful staff. Candy, pictured next to the jolly green giant below, is leaving in a month to return to college, and we will all miss her and her unlimited supply of Tsingtao between 4 and 7pm.

The final picture is of one of my fellow employees, Vicky. Vicky has always been a wonderful ambassador to all of us when we are in China. She knows all the great restaurants, and she always offers to make you a home cooked meal during your stay. I haven't gotten to take her up on that offer yet, but I'd love to on the next trip.

Vicky told me that in addition to her love of cooking Chinese food, she also loves to eat American food when in the U.S. Her favorite restaurant, you ask? The beloved American classic -- Steak 'n Snake. I thought I misheard her the first time, but after she brought it up multiple times, it was all I could do to keep from biting through my lip. Perhaps that is the name of their Asian division.

In any case, I had a great trip to China this time around. I got tons of work done, made some new friends, and didn't drink the water or milk. Life is good.

No comments: