Sunday, September 28, 2008

Grant's Growing Up

Today, after I had finished singing a song to Grant, he looked up at me and said, "Great job, Mommy." I gave him my credit card. He's just too cute, and to say that he is oozing personality is an understatement.

Here's short video of Grant. He says my favorite phrase in it: "Eat beater," which he says every time I ask if he wants to make cookies.



Grant now sings several songs (or, I should say "parts" of songs), counts to about 20 (though he confuses 8 and 18 a lot), and says some sort of ABCs... sometimes he stops around H and picks back up around M. It still too cute. He also fills in the words to "Jesus Loves Me," "He's got the Whole World in his Hands," and "Sally the Camel." It's too cute to watch him bob up and down singing, "Sally camel has no hump." I could eat him up. He's even taken to saying, "See you later, Alligator" or "After while, Crocodile."

Also, Grant's into every animal. He knows how to say and identify lots of animals, but the ones that stun me are rhinoceros, dinosaur, hippopotamus, chameleon, starfish, salamander and armadillo. We're working on colors, but that's slow going.

He also has lots of "characters" down, and it kind of freaks me out. He knows every character on Sesame Street, Super Why, Thomas, Arthur, Boz, Veggie Tales and Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies. Every. Single. One. But, what I don't understand is how he knows who Dora is? Or, Sponge Bob? Or, the Transformers? He has never seen any of these "characters" on TV or in our books, but every time we're walking around Walmart, he points them out. It's got me nervous.

I love to hear his little voice.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

He is definitely your boy! You were just like that as a little girl, Erin! Smart as a whip. . . and with you two as parents Grant doesn't stand a chance of being a marginal learner!

Alison said...

I hear ya! My girls know things, and I am like, "How do you know that?" Or, "How do you know who The Cheetah Girls are??" They can't tell me what they do, but they certainly know what they look like! Scary!