Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Congrats!

Congrats are in order for my cousin and her husband, who are in the process of finishing up their adoption of a sibling group. I just saw the pictures for the first time, and I just lost it. I love older child adoption. There is no more beautiful statement in the whole world about the capacity one has for love than taking two kids who want a family and are old enough to know it... and bringing them into your home--forever.

Check out there blog here.

I've been think a lot about Kathy and James lately, and I heard this song the other day, a song I haven't heard in a long time, and I thought of them and their new family. The video on YouTube is here.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

The song was a beautiful addition to our gift of Justin and Andrea! Thanks, Erin! You and Bret were instrumental in our decision to adopt - in a way that most people would never really get! So . . we can't thank you enough on many levels!