Thursday, October 09, 2008

Jabber-Jaw

Grant just kills me with what he talks about now. Just today, he sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," and if it's not that song, it's his personal favorite: "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer." Nothing's cuter than hearing Grant sing "then one foggy Christmas Eve" (or in Grant speak: den one oggy kiss-mas-ebe). I just asked him where he wanted to go after his nap, and he mentioned four options: Costco, Walmart, Zoo or Library. We're actually going to go to a train shop to see if we can find an engineer hat to complete Grant's homemade (by homemade, I mean overalls and a red bandanna) costume.

Grant talks about school all the time, and he has a special love for his teacher, Miss Carla, but he also talks about his "best friend" (as he calls her), Emma. I don't think there's an Emma in the class; there is an Ameilia, but I don't know if there's an Emma. I'll have to ask Miss Carla tomorrow.

Just yesterday, Bret and Grant went for some male-bonding time over an ice cream cone at McDonalds. Grant looked at Bret and said: "Daddy, it's raining outside (ou-sigh)." Bret agreed. Then, Grant said: "Rain, rain, go away. Come again other day," which is pretty close to what I say every time we talk about the rain.

My favorite thing he says right now, though, is "Yes, I do: and "Yes, I am." It doesn't matter if you ask if he wants a cracker or a bath, you're going to get an emphatic, "Yes, I do." Unless you ask: "Are you cute," to which you'll get "Yes, I am." It's just too cute. Also topping my list is when you ask Grant to do a magic trick (which he got from watching Elmo with Mamaw). Grant will take a napkin, wave it around in front of your face (he's got timing... he wants to make sure you've seen it), and then he drops it behind him. Then, to finish it off, with hands in the air and lots of gusto, he says: "Ta Da."

Gotta love him.

No comments: