Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Learning His Letters and Fall Fun

Recently, Grant has taken up a love for pointing out letters and numbers; sometimes, he's right, and sometimes, he's wrong, but he's getting better and better. Here's a short video clip of Grant identifying letters (and sounds too). My favorite part comes later in the video (and you've got to listen closely) when Grant says "thank you" and "welcome" (Grant speak for "you're welcome") back to back. He knows they go together, so sometimes, he just does your work for you by saying both of them.

He's also starting to speak in sentences more than words, which as an English teacher, I just love. Yesterday, while hiding from Bret, Grant said, "Daddy, I see you over there." Now, if I could just get him to identify the subject and the verb, I think we'll be on to something.

Here are also a few pictures from a week or so ago. I wanted to try a pumpkin patch suggested by a friend, one with all kinds of fun stuff for kids. We got there as it was closing (which I now realize is the trick), so there was no charge to go in. We spent about 30 minutes roaming around as the last of the paying patrons made their exit. It was perfect... and cheap.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed! You have one smart kiddo!