Saturday, January 10, 2009

CES

So here I am at CES in Las Vegas. Contrary to my wife's previous post, this IS work, my feet DO hurt, I DID eat a $60 steak last night, and I DID help finish two bottles of wine which cost more than Grant's entire 0-24 mos. wardrobe. Tis the price one must pay.

I have decided that CES is the geek equivalent of band camp. (On second thought, band camp is the geek equivalent of band camp, so CES is the electronics nerd equivalent of band camp.)

Everywhere you go you hear, "Dude, this one year at CES, we blah blah blah..." and "Yeah, last year at CES, I stuck my finger in the demo of the blah blah blah and I had to have it surgically removed later." It's live-in-your-parent's-basement, only-get-exposed-to-sunlight-by-accident, my-high-score-is-10-million-higher-than-yours crazy out here.

Luckily, the show is starting to slow down a bit, so tomorrow I will hopefully get to wander around a little bit more. Our booth is right behind where CNBC is broadcasting live, so every once in a while I run over there with my cell phone in hand, jumping up and down, waving, hoping someone will notice me behind Maria Bartiromo's head. Look for me!

No comments: