Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grandma and Gracie

Maybe my mom just couldn't pass up a good deal; maybe she knew Gracie's arrival was imminent. Either way, my mom dropped by yesterday (her birthday) with a load full of new clothes (even loads of Ralph Lauren stuff... including the cutest little Ralph Lauren dress for Gracie) for Grant and Gracie. I'm talking three shirts and three dresses for Gracie and three pairs of pants and two shirts for Grant. She did get a whopper of a deal at Kohl's (the most expensive item was like three bucks), but it's no wonder that I don't have to buy clothes for these kids the way their grandparents spoil them.

We did hear some more news about Gracie today. The CCAA (the agency in charge of adoptions in China) has referred through March 6. Again, it's like the DMV, so our number is March 15, and each month we inch closer. Now, with some certainty (cough, cough), we can assume to get Gracie's referral at the beginning of May or the beginning of June. May would be ideal... please pray for MAY!!! I've got to see this little girl. It's just killing me to think that we've been in pursuit of her for 3.5 years!!!

Either way, we know one thing: she's going to be dressed like a fashionista!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! We can't wait!

Alison said...

That is so exciting!