Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grant's Prayer

Tonight's Prayer (no joke):

Mommy: Grant, do you want to pray?
Grant: Yes.
Mommy: Go ahead.
Grant (covering eyes with hands): Dear Jesus, be with Gracie. She lives in China. I don't want her to be my family.

He's got it half right. Grant tells us daily that he doesn't want to be a brother, but I've got some news for him: the train has left the station.

We'll have a Grace update soon. This next week will tell us a lot about when we'll be heading to China.

2 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

hey, i found your blog through the Collins' (we go to CG). Can you email me and let me know what agency you used to adopt Grant and your experience? thanks! betsyjtimbie@gmail.com

Alison said...

Gotta love the honesty! I'm sure he'll have a change of heart when she shows up-eventually. :-) My brother was hoping to "put me back in" after I'd been home a couple days!