Thursday, February 19, 2009

Scarred

Way back on December 3 I made mentioned of having done some "home surgery" on this funny looking spot that developed on my neck. My face has always been prone to these types of things. Shaving frequently leaves me in need of a blood transfusion.

In any case, regarding the funny looking spot on my neck -- sumbitch is still there.

I took another crack at figuring out why this weird spot isn't healing last night, but only left the wound looking refreshed. In any case, this morning after I got out of the shower, Erin informed me that I needed to "cover that thing up. It looks hideous."

When I got downstairs to eat my Cheerios (a delicious and healthy way to start ANY day...I'm looking for some General Mills sponsorship love here), I found a little powder brush and some makeup on the counter, courtesy of Erin.

So just before throwing Grant in the car for the ride to school, I dipped into the bathroom to pretty myself. Grant entered soon after to find me dabbing some natural colored concealer onto my wound, and as he always does, asked "What are you doing, Daddy?"

I immediately started having images of that dude in "Silence of the Lambs" and Robin Williams as Mrs. Doubtfire. There's no conceivable way that you aren't scarring your two year old son when you say, "Daddy's putting on his makeup, Grant." I have failed him yet again.

No comments: