Wednesday, March 25, 2009

137 miles to nowhere



There are some mornings where you wake up, look at the schedule for the day, and wonder if you've completely lost your mind. In my case, I'm well aware that I've lost my mind (with just a little bit of help from a team of Chinese guys in Shenzhen), but I still marvel at why anyone would do this to themselves.

1. Get up at 6:30am, head out the door at 7:15 to meet my mom to drop off Grant at point B on the map. Now you may look at my little map and say, "Gee, there's no location 'A' on it." You would be correct. A, E, and G are all the same place, which means not only am I going to drive 137 miles, I'm not even going to go anywhere.

2. Drive from point B to the hospital at point C to have more giant needles stuck in my back. Did I mention all the driving and running around I get to do today? On top of it, I'm HAVING MY SPINE NEEDLED. You know what that feels like? It's sort of like HAVING YOUR SPINE NEEDLED.

3. Depart needling at 9:00 and head for work at point D. Work until 11:30, then have big Chinese lunch with the colleagues. On top of the driving, I'm having jellyfish and fish parts for lunch. (Actually, it's quite tasty...not the jellyfish, but the fish parts are pretty decent. Fish don't have snouts or beaks, so most fish parts are pretty decent.)

4. Leave work at 2:00 to go close on our refinancing. Oh wait, I forgot that one on the map. It's only a few miles from work though, so I'll let it slide.

5. Leave closing and return home to E to pickup the wife and head to my parents (point F) to pickup the Grant.

6. Leave point F to return home to point G. I then have a conference call (more Chinese dudes) at 9:30pm. I should add Singapore and Shenzhen to the map, since those are involved too, but alas.

I can't wait for our vacation next week. At least Disney's version of "It's a Small World" doesn't feature conference calls every night and Chinese dudes named Bigtree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

singapore eh? when's your next visit? and dont say the week before or after july 4th wknd. consider this your notice; start planning. =)