Thursday, June 18, 2009

My not so fun morning


This morning, I had to convince Grant that the pantyliner he had found in my purse (which he had been wearing as a band aid all morning) was--indeed--not a band aid. There were tears as I pulled the pantyliner off his leg and threw it away in the trash.

Then, we went to an indoor play park (think McDonald's playland times ten [minus the dirt and discarded french fries]). Grant proceeded to climb up FOUR stories before he looked down, only to realize that one slip in that mesh netting could end in toddler death, and he started crying. After much coaxing (and finally sending a young girl up to help him), Grant came running toward me, just to fall, lip first, of course, and bust open his lip. After the blood, he proceeded to tell everyone that he "led with his lip."

Then, at Trader Joe's, I made the mistake of letting Grant push around the child-sized cart. Rookie mistake. Near the end our our trip, he bashed that cart right into a display of salsa. It wasn't good. At all. Let's just say there was glass (and plenty of salsa) in my shoes.

In other news, we should have information about Grace by next week (including her picture). We're so excited.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Ah, the joys of motherhood! At least the people at Trader Joe's are super nice and I'm sure didn't make you feel bad at all. One of the reasons I love that store! We busted a bag of flour in there one time. It was dealt with in a very friendly, professional manner. It's a risk you take, really, with those little carts! They sure do make a kid, happy, though!

Sylvia said...

Happy Referral Day!

Wanda said...

Yes indeed - Happy Referral Day!

We're LID 03/15/06 so we will share in the joy with you!

Wanda (At Last...)