Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And so it begins...

Well I'm sitting here at the airport, full on my Cafe Patachou omelette, waiting for my flight to Minneapolis. This is the beginning of my trip to China to a) work and b) pick up my daughter, Grace. In almost 24 hours exactly, I'll arrive in Hong Kong, sweaty, stinky, and in dire need of a toothbrush.

It was a hard morning. I'm OK once I'm in China, but packing and leaving is always tough, especially when I'm going to be away from Grant for so long. It does help that Erin will be joining me in a week, but I still have a week of work in Shenzhen prior to her arrival.

I'll try to post frequently while we're in China. I've set our blog up so that I can email posts in, but I'm not sure how the pictures will turn out. So if things look a little funky, that's why. As faithful readers know, my trips to China always make for good blog fodder, so check back frequently.

Here's one last little tidbit from Grant. This morning on the way to the airport, Grant was listing all of the things he's going to teach Grace to do. What was the first one? "I'm going to teach Gracie to drop big bombs" -- Grant-speak for his bathroom activities. That's my boy...

No comments: