Friday, August 28, 2009

Why Can't I Say That?

This afternoon I followed an SUV with a window sticker imploring me to "Feel Your Boobies." Obviously, this conjured up a number of mental images which nearly took me off the road. But more embarrassing was the fact that with age and recent weight gain, this was indeed a possibility for me.

I've seen other cars recently with stickers that say, "Save the Ta-Tas." All of these various stickers bear the little pink ribbon indicating an affiliation with breast cancer awareness. Therefore, I'm still not quite sure I understand the negative response I would receive if I were to use the same verbiage with my wife. Any reference to "boobies" or "ta-tas," and I'd be ducking a punch.

I guess this relates to the old Seinfeld episode where Tim Whatley converted to Judaism just for the jokes. By the same logic, if I were a lady (now THAT is ugly), I could talk about my "boobies" all day long. But as a man, it's a no go. Life is so complicated.

At least as a dude I can snicker when I order chicken nuggets or get mixed nuts on the plane. Erin cannot.

No comments: