Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pics... and two cute things my kids said

Okay, here are some recent pics:

Grant on his first every pony ride at the Oktoberfest (read next entry for all that fun)


Grace with pigtails (you knew I'd have to go there). It's not the best picture, but she's a wiggly one, so it's the best I've got.


Grace in her retro outfit, circa 1975. My mother gave me a bunch of my old baby clothes awhile back, and I just adore them, so I couldn't wait to surprise my mom by having Grace in this cute get-up. My mom comes in the door, says nothing, and then, when I tell her about the outfit, my mom tells me that it wasn't mine (I never wore it), but it was a stow-away outfit from some other baby who borrowed some of my real clothes. So much for nostalgia.

One thing I love about being home is the ability to spend more time cooking and baking. Here, Grant and Grace enjoy the brownie batter (and no lectures about raw egg; I survived... and so will they).


Grant and Grace started their one morning a week Mom's Day Out program. When I am at school, it serves as needed care for them, but as I am home right now, it's just a little time where I don't have to referee. Grace seems to be doing fine with a few hours at "school" or in the nursery at church, so we're really thankful. Here they are for their first day of school.


Okay, and the two cute things my kids said:

Grace: During our dinner at Santorini's (ah, the best Greek food ever!), Grant became the restaurant's mascot, as every time a plate of saganaki burst into flame, he'd say "OPA!" as loud as he could. Everyone thought it was darling. But, by the end of the evening, Grace joined in saying "opa," in a much softer voice. The owner came over to hear; people were requesting tables by us and buying saganaki just to hear it. It was darling.

Grant: Yesterday, it was foggy outside as we headed on an errand (Indiana doesn't have a clue about real fog... schools were delayed yesterday, and I could still see about a half mile. Now, California, that's where fog is fog). Grant kept talking about how "froggy" it was outside, and I didn't have the heart to correct him. He can say that when he's thirty, and I'm still going to think it's to die for cute.

2 comments:

BillyRay said...

totally agree on the egg thing...I don't even want to know how much raw egg I've consumed over the years and lived to tell about it!!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the brownie mix. Frank used to get mad when I'd give the kids batter cause of the eggs but I did it anyway hehehe! Oh and thank you for the California fog reference. How fun for the kids that they get to miss school for a little fog, we never got or get that and sometimes we can't see two feet in front of us...but then again you remember that :o)