Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stop...the...Motion...

I don't know why, but starting on Thursday, our family started running a sprint. I'm not a sprint girl. Well, come to think of it, I'm not a running girl either; I like to take my time, but we jammed everything we possibly could into a four day span. And, here's the proof.

Thursday
Thursday, we piled the kids in the car to run an errand for school, and on the way, we decided to do some apple picking. Grant LOVED every minute of it! In the last four days, I have made killer applesauce, apple butter and apple pie (well, killer apple pie crust [just wait until I give you THAT recipe] as Bret was reading me the apple filling recipe part, he messed up BIG time, leaving everything but the top crust inedible. ARGH!).





Friday
Then, on Friday, Grace had her big appointment with Riley Children's Hospital International Adoption Clinic. We had a great appointment, and Grace was declared one healthy chica. We have a few minor medical issues which require some follow up, but on the whole, we've got a happy, healthy, beautiful child. We knew that. Poor Grace did have to get some blood drawn, only to be told that she'd have to come back two more times as the lab was not allowed to draw enough blood for all of the tests ordered.

Then, Bret and I headed out for a bit of a date night, and it was nice to have an uninterrupted conversation over dinner. It's been awhile, and I don't think Bret and I really knew what to do with ourselves.

Saturday
But, why stop there. We loaded in the van very early on Saturday morning to hit three local neighborhood garage sales. I love garage sales! I found the long awaited double stroller on major clearance, and I loaded up on 4T clothes for Grant and 3T clothes for Grace. It was fab. After a quick nap, we headed downtown for the Chinese American festival. Grant and Grace loved the dancers and the music. But, needing dinner, we headed out to Bazbeaux's Pizza. Yummy.
Sunday
Bret headed out to the Colt's opener on Sunday (played hookey from church as Grant had a touch of a cold), but in the afternoon, the kids and I headed to Zionsville's Fall Festival. It was hot, but little man sure had a blast. This was our first visit to our northern neighbor, but we might just have to make it a yearly tradition.



After cleaning the house, grocery shopping for the week, and bathing the kids for tomorrow's picture session at Target (much less ironing their clothes), I've had it, and I'm going to bed. There might be a glass of wine involved in that process.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Something abour having two kids does make wine seem more enjoyable!
(or more needed!)

Alison said...

Oh, my! What a weekend! We cram weekends like that sometimes, too. It's exhausting! Glad you had fun, though. :-)