Thursday, December 03, 2009

Rough Morning

This morning I was on extended daddy duty.  Erin had to be at work by 6am, so I was charged with taking care of the two extra-terrestrials that reside in our house until they were to be dropped off at school around 9am.

Of course, the minute Erin raised the garage door to leave, the kids started taking turns at being awake.  First it was Grace.  She would just yell at the top of her lungs for 10 seconds, then stay silent for 5 minutes.  Next it was Grant, who needed to go potty. 

I attended briefly to each of them, but then I informed them that I needed a shower, and I needed to take it without a snotty nose pressed against the frosted shower glass awaiting my damp return.

After getting myself cleaned up, I got them both up and dressed.  Grace, as it turns out, had apparently not gone #2 in approximately three weeks, for when I got her diaper off, I was greeted by a rather large gift.  After 30 wet wipes and screaming, "Please Gracie, do NOT put your hand down there!" about 100 times, I managed to get her cleaned up and dressed.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed for the recliner for a moment's peace before loading them up for school.  I got six seconds of rest before Grant walked over and said, "Hey Daddy...I'm gonna put some snot on you."

And then I got to go to work...

No comments: