Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger...

Normally we keep this blog pretty much apolitical and devoid of social commentary, but this whole mess with Tiger Woods has been keeping the guys around my office glued to SI.com waiting for the latest updates.  And as a guy who's almost exactly the same age as Tiger and has followed Woods' career as a fan for the past few years, I'm finding myself more prone to watching this play out than all the other celebrity garbage being posted on TMZ and the like.

So with today's revelation that apparently Tiger was indeed playing some games after he finished golfing each day, I have to ask, "What the heck is wrong with you, dude?"  You make a zillion dollars per minute, you have a lovely wife, two healthy kids, and you can hit a golf ball further than I can run -- is it really worth embarrassing yourself and your family to get a little action on the side?

I feel bad for his kids, no matter how this winds up.  As if there wasn't enough scrutiny just for being part of Tiger's family, now I'm sure the microscope will be ratcheted up for the foreseeable future.  They won't be able to push another kid down on the playground without there being pictures of it on the Internet within the hour.

And how about the irony of Tiger getting the crap beaten out of him being helped out of his SUV by a woman wielding a golf club?  It's like Colonel Sanders being flogged with a crispy leg and thigh.

In any case, I realize Tiger's human, and we all make mistakes.  I hope he's able to get himself straightened out and make things right with his family.  Otherwise following his next domestic dispute, he may find himself needing the help of a proctologist rather than a caddy to find his 5-iron...

1 comment:

Katherine said...

So true!