Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Birthday Fun

I know it goes against most parental practice, but we have yet to have a big birthday party for Grant or for Grace.  I know I'll have to cross that bridge someday, but until I have to do so, Grant (and I) are both okay with small family parties.  We make sure Grant gets lots of special birthday love all week (from picking the weeks' dinner menus, to decorated chairs, to special trips to the frozen yogurt shop), but I'm just not down--yet--with the big, invite a ton of friends, spend a ton of money party.  My mom used to tell me that I could have friends over for a meager party... or, I could invite one friend to Disneyland, and we'd blow the day out!  She was smart--I took Disneyland (or Magic Mountain, back in the day) almost every single time.  Even when Grant and Grace are school-aged, I think we'll allow the kids a big birthday party every other year.  Go ahead, blast me now.  

But, for now, it was presents in the morning, dinner at the restaurant of his choice for dinner (he picked the Mayberry Cafe where the food is super mediocre but kids get a toy upon exiting), and a small family Star Wars party the next day!

We might have some adoption related news to share with you soon; we're just busy sorting out some details!





No comments: